Equipment purchases: Do you have a business? Would you like to eliminate taxes on that business?
New law: You can deduct 100% of the cost of any new equipment even if it creates a loss in business. There is no limit on this either.
You can even deduct up to 500K of used equipment purchases,but it can’t create loss
Big Tip: you can financ…e equipment purchases and still deduct 100%
Elaboration: You buy $150,000 worth of equipment for your buisness. You pay $15,000 as a down payment and finance the rest. You get to deduct the full $150,000 this year.
Caution: you need to keep the equipment in your buisness between 5-7 years, depending on the equipment, or you will have to pick up part of your deprecation as income.
Latest Tax Reduction Tweets!
- I have a very successful friend. Sadly, as a result of this recession, his business tanked. If that wasn't bad... http://t.co/b111OfTg 2012-10-10
- Question of the week, "I am a Realtor. I have been told by my accountant that if I stop at the post office or the... http://t.co/ER2lhmJz 2012-10-09
- I just read a great quote posted by a friend," Somethings when things seem like they are falling apart, they... http://t.co/6csdtSLU 2012-10-08
- More updates...
- Sandytaxman on What I learned from law school admission
- Sandytaxman on Update on Roth Conversions: Great secret tip
- Sandytaxman on The borrow-sale technique
- Tweets that mention New Blog Post: Eliminating commuting -- Topsy.com on Eliminating commuting
- Tweets that mention Gift-Leaseback | -- Topsy.com on Gift-Leaseback