Estate planning and Income tax strategies fo the rich and Famous: Here is the first installment. It is called the Borrow-Sale Technique. Say, you have a stock portfolio of 50 million or even more. Step 1. Borrow most of the value from the bank using stock as collateral. Step 2. Buy both puts and calls to lock in value. Step 3 give the stock to the bank several years later to pay off the loan. The effect of this is that you have use of the cash for several years and only pay capital gains taxes when you give the stock to the bank. Thus, you have your money working for you for several years without paying taxes
Latest Tax Reduction Tweets!
- I have a very successful friend. Sadly, as a result of this recession, his business tanked. If that wasn't bad... http://t.co/b111OfTg 2012-10-10
- Question of the week, "I am a Realtor. I have been told by my accountant that if I stop at the post office or the... http://t.co/ER2lhmJz 2012-10-09
- I just read a great quote posted by a friend," Somethings when things seem like they are falling apart, they... http://t.co/6csdtSLU 2012-10-08
- More updates...
- Sandytaxman on What I learned from law school admission
- Sandytaxman on Update on Roth Conversions: Great secret tip
- Sandytaxman on The borrow-sale technique
- Tweets that mention New Blog Post: Eliminating commuting -- Topsy.com on Eliminating commuting
- Tweets that mention Gift-Leaseback | -- Topsy.com on Gift-Leaseback